Are you troubled by a past abortion?
Pregnancy Help Center has Bible study and support groups for women and men having trouble coping with previous abortions. If you have had an abortion and can answer “yes” to any of the following questions, then this group may be for you. It may help you to know where you need healing and how to find that healing.
- Are you afraid of others finding out that you had an abortion?
- When abortion is mentioned, do you find your body reacting physically?
- Do you find yourself struggling to turn off the feelings connected to your abortion?
- Do you fear that you may have suffered physical harm as a result of an abortion or that you may not be able to have children in the future?
- Are there certain times of the year that you find yourself depressed, sick, or accident-prone, such as the anniversary date of the abortion or the time of the would-be birth?
- Are you resentful and unforgiving towards anyone because of his or her involvement in your abortion?
- Do you have difficulty with intimate relationships?
- Have you experienced any peculiar reactions (such as nightmares or flashbacks) related to the abortion?
- Are you preoccupied with death and dying or with the aborted child?
- Do you tend to look at your life in terms of “before” and “after” the abortion(s)?
- Have you had difficulty accepting God’s forgiveness or forgiving yourself?
Our Bible studies are based on the premise that a genuine, permanent healing of post-abortion pain can come only when a person has come to grips with a more primary issue: their reconciliation to God.
In small, gender-specific, and confidential groups, women and men explore Bible passages that show what God is really like and how He demonstrates compassion. Participants also learn to apply biblical truths to symptoms such as emotional numbness, anger, depression, and grief.
If you are interested in attending an abortion recovery support group, please fill out the form below, or you may also call our office at 330-788-4000 and ask to speak to a member of the Abortion Recovery Assistance Team.